I spent many afternoons at my bakery job as a teenager frying doughnuts. I decorated more raised doughnuts than you can count. I LOVE doughnuts. This is an interesting spin on doughnuts that you bake that don't raise. If you skip the whole you might be able to fill them like bismarks.
1 C. white sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3 C. all purpose flour
1 C. buttermilk
3 eggs
1 tbsp. honey
1/2 C. butter, melted
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet or doughnut baking pan.
In a medium bowl, mix sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, and flour. Mix buttermilk, eggs, honey, and butter in separate medium bowl, and stir into the dry ingredients. Spoon the mixture onto the prepared in doughnut shapes.
Bake 12 minutes in the preheated oven until golden brown.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sesame Ginger Chicken Lettuce Wraps
I am adding this recipe even though it has maple syrup in it. I am not a fan of maple syrup. I find it to be sickeningly sweet. I may ad...
-
This is a Rachael Ray 30 minute meal. I can see this becoming a staple for the cold weather months. 2 tbsp. olive oil 1/4lb. lean bacon o...
-
I found this recipe in the Penzey's catalog that came recently. It was used as a groom's cake. I think it would make an excellent ...
-
Happy New Year! One of my resolutions for 2010 is to be more organized and what better way to organize recipes is to record them in blog???...
No comments:
Post a Comment