I am working my way through the Better Homes and Gardens Eat Healthy and Lose Weight cookbook and I came across this recipe. This is definitely something I could throw together for a weeknight dinner. I am always looking for something different for dinner.
1 recipe honey mustard spread
12oz. lean ground pork
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/8 tsp. salt
4 whole wheat hamburger buns
2 romaine lettuce leaves, halved
3/4 cup. bottled roasted red pepper, drained and cut into large pieces
Prepare honey mustard spread; cover and chill. Ina medium bowl, combine pork, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, and salt. Shape into 4 1/2 inch thick patties.
For a charcoal grill, place patties on the grill rack directly over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the side of each patty registers 160 degrees, turning patties once halfway through grilling.
To assemble, spread honey mustard spread on cut sides of bun tops. Place lettuce leaves, grilled burgers, and roasted red peppers on bun bottoms. Add bun tops, spread sides down.
Honey mustard spread--In a small bowl, combine 3 tbsp. light mayo, 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard, and 1 tsp. honey.
Per burger-272 calories, 8g. fat, 63mg. cholesterol, 510mg. sodium, 26g. carbohydrates, 3g. fiber, 23g. protein
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sesame Ginger Chicken Lettuce Wraps
I am adding this recipe even though it has maple syrup in it. I am not a fan of maple syrup. I find it to be sickeningly sweet. I may ad...
-
This is a Rachael Ray 30 minute meal. I can see this becoming a staple for the cold weather months. 2 tbsp. olive oil 1/4lb. lean bacon o...
-
I found this recipe in the Penzey's catalog that came recently. It was used as a groom's cake. I think it would make an excellent ...
-
Happy New Year! One of my resolutions for 2010 is to be more organized and what better way to organize recipes is to record them in blog???...
No comments:
Post a Comment