Sunday, April 18, 2010

Chocolate Crinkles

I found this recipe by accident. I was looking to make some cookies and this recipe was one I could make with stuff I had around the house. Now it pops in and out of my Christmas repertoire.

2 C. granulated sugar
1/2 C. vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla
4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
4 large eggs
2 C. all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 C. powdered sugar

Mix granulated sugar, oil, vanilla and chocolate in a large bowl. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets with shortening.

Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into powdered sugar, roll around to coat. Shape into balls. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.

Bake about 10-12 minutes or until amost no indentation remains when touched. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...