Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summer Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette

This salad goes well with grilled chicken but is delicious enough to stand on its own as well. I was surprised the first time I tried fruit and red onions in a salad. I did not expect to like it as much as I did.

1/4 C. lemon juice
1/4 C. olive oil
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 pkg. torn mixed salad greens
1 medium red onion, sliced
2 C. sliced fresh mushrooms
2 C. fresh raspberries
1 C. chopped walnuts or pecans

In a small bowl whisk the first 8 ingredients. Refrigerate until serving.

In a salad bowl, combine the salad greens, onion, mushrooms, raspberries and nuts. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...