Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lemon Sour Cream Cookies

This caught my eye in one of my gazillion cooking magazines.  I am adding it to my Christmas cookie list.  Wonder when I am going to do all of this holiday baking...you know I have so much spare time then!  LOL

3 C. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
16 tbsp. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 C. sugar
2 large eggs
1 C. sour cream
2 tsp. grated lemon zest

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.  Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl.

With electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.  Add eggs, one at a time and beat until incorporated.  Reduce speed to low and beat in sour cream and lemon zest.  Add flour mixture and mix until combined.

Refrigerate dough until slightly firm, about 1 hour.  Drop rounded tablespoons of batter onto prepared baking sheets, spacing cookies 2 inches apart.  Bake until just golden around edges, about 15 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through baking.  Cool on baking sheets.  Repeat with remaining dough.


1 comment:

Kathie said...

I made these today and think I would either go half butter half margarine or all margarine. Some of the cookies spread like crazy while baking. They are delicious though!

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...