Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chipotle Smashed Sweet Potatoes

We're going to my aunt's for Thanksgiving.  I have been tasked to bring sweet potatoes.  This is on the list of possible sweet potato dishes.  It's funny because you couldn't pay me to eat a sweet potato when I was a kid.  Now I am looking for different ways to prepare them.  This looks super easy to make too!  I'll probably need to at least double it if I do make it for Thanksgiving dinner. 

2 large sweet potatoes
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
1 tsp. adobo sauce from pepper can

Put the sweet potato in a steamer basket and put the steamer in a large pot of simmering water that is 1-inch from the bottom of the basket.  Cover and steam over medium high heat for 20 minutes or untol the sweet potatoes are fork tender.

Remover the steamer basket, pour the water out of the pot and dump the sweet potatoes into the pot.  Add the butter and salt and mash with a potato masher.  Add the chile and the sauce and continue maksing to combine.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...