I found this in my Kraft Food and Family magazine. A serving of this is less than 500 calories and will be something we can eat after a long day at work. I'll go easy on the mushrooms because Chris is not a fan. I will say that when I made the Chicken Cacciatore recipe on here, he didn't HATE the mushrooms!
1 14.5oz. can of diced tomatoes, undrained
1 6oz. can tomato paste
2 large green peppers, chopped
1 8oz. pkg. sliced fresh mushrooms
1 small onion, chopped
1 pork tenderloin (1lb)
1 tsp. dried oregano
2 C. mutigrain penne pasta, uncooked
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 C. water
1 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
Mix tomatoes and tomato paste in slow cooker until well blended. Stir in vegetables.
Cut meat into 8 pieces, pound into 1/2 inch thickness. Sprinkle with oregano. Add to slow cooker; press into sauce with the back of a spoon. Cover with lid and cook on low 4 to 4.5 hours.
Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt. Transfer meat to plate, reserving sauce in the slow cooker. Cover meat to keep it warm. Mix cornstarch and water until well blended. Add to sauce, stir. Cook, covered on high 6 to 8 minutes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sesame Ginger Chicken Lettuce Wraps
I am adding this recipe even though it has maple syrup in it. I am not a fan of maple syrup. I find it to be sickeningly sweet. I may ad...
-
This is a Rachael Ray 30 minute meal. I can see this becoming a staple for the cold weather months. 2 tbsp. olive oil 1/4lb. lean bacon o...
-
I found this recipe in the Penzey's catalog that came recently. It was used as a groom's cake. I think it would make an excellent ...
-
Happy New Year! One of my resolutions for 2010 is to be more organized and what better way to organize recipes is to record them in blog???...
No comments:
Post a Comment