Saturday, October 1, 2011

Lentil and Chicken Sausage Stew

Hmm...when I am going through my magazines, cookbooks and loose recipes, I often think about what I have in the house for a particular recipe and what do I have to buy.  Right now, I am missing lentils and celery for this recipe.  I will solve that by a quick trip to Caputos tomorrow.  I think this will turn up on the menu this week.  It sounds too good to me to pass up.

1 carton (32oz.) reduced sodium chicken broth
1 28oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
3 fully cooked spicy chicken sausage links cut into half inch slices
1 C. dried lentils, rinsed
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, chopped
1 celery rib, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp. dried thyme

In a 4 or 5 qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients.  Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until lentils are tender.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...