Thursday, February 2, 2012

Red Beans and Rice Soup

OK, I have a recipe from a friend for chicken and wild rice soup which I had a taste for recently.  When I went to the pantry, I didn't have all of the ingredients so I improvised and this is what I came up with.  It's in the crock pot now and I just did a taste test and it wasn't too bad.

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 carrots, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup (I used lowfat and low sodium)
1 can tomato soup
1 pkg. Zatarains red beans and rice with seasonings
1 1/2 cartons chicken broth
2 soup cans water
Kosher salt to taste
Cajun seasoning to taste

Place chicken in the crock pot and the rest of the ingredients on top.  Cook on low 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.  Remove chicken and shred.  Put shredded chicken back in the crock pot and warm through.


1 comment:

Kathie said...

This was amazing and even better in the days after it was originally served!

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...