Monday, July 2, 2012

Chimichurri Monkey Bread

Here is a spin on monkey bread I haven't seen before.  Usually monkey bread is sweet.  This savory treat will be fun at a party once this heat wave breaks...heck I may have a party to celebrate the break of the heat wave!  I shouldn't complain because I love summer so much more than winter and my herbs are doing so well (providing I keep watering everything) but it's been hot and the heat waves have been lasting weeks instead of a few days.  Ah well, I will be looking on these days fondly come January and February.

1/4 C. minced fresh parsley
1/4 C. olive oil
2 tbsp. minced fresh oregano
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves
3/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
2 12oz. tubes refrigerated buttermilk biscuits

Combine the first 9 ingredients in a shallow bowl.  Cut each biscuit in half and shape into a ball.  Roll in herb mixture.

Place biscuit pieces in a greased 10inch fluted tube pan.  Bake at 375 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.

1 comment:

Kathie said...

I made this for the 4th of July and it was a huge hit. I made it again today but didn't have enough parsley to use so I subbed basil. It just came out of the oven and smells fantastic!

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...