Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hot German Potato Salad

I have a memory of a family recipe for hot German potato salad.  I haven't come across it my searches.  This recipe sounds close to what I remember.  I will report back my findings.

8 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
2 celery ribs, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 C. water
2/3 C. cider vinegar
1/3 C. sugar
2 tbsp. quick cooking tapioca
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. celery seed
1/4 tsp. pepper
6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1/4 C. minced fresh parsley.

In a slow cooker, combine potatoes, celery and onion.  In a bowl, combine water, vinegar, sugar, tapioca, salt, celery seed and pepper.  Pour over potatoes; stir gently to coat.  Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender.  Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon and parsley.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...