Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Lemon Chicken


I found this on Pinterest.  I made it for dinner tonight...sorry, I was about halfway through my first helping when I realized I hadn't taken any photos.  I used the crockpot method and the chicken was shredded which doesn't always lend to beautiful presentation.  I also served it with spaghetti that had been tossed with a stick of butter, the juice of two lemons, a clove of fresh garlic and some fresh Italian parsley.  It was a delicious summer night meal!


Melt 1 cube butter in fry pan.
Layer on 4 Chicken Breasts, or Chicken Tenders.
Sprinkle with 1 pkg. Italian Seasonings Salad Dressing Mix
Add juice of 2 lemons.
Cook until tender. Put the lid on at first, then take off at the end in order to brown and absorb seasonings.
Can be done in crock pot. (For chicken breast: Cook on Hi: 4-5 hours, on Low: 6-8 hours. When finished cooking, take out, shred chicken with 2 forks, and ladle on the juices.  When I did this in the crock pot, I did brown the chicken breasts in a fry pan first.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...