Monday, July 16, 2012

Slow Cooker Sausage with Sauce

OK, I make this pretty regularly; sometimes in the crock pot and sometimes in a slow oven.  Sometimes I use the sausage for sandwiches and sometimes I use it over pasta.  How you use it is up to you.  Any way you serve it, it will be delicious.

8 4oz. links fresh Italian sausage (I am spoiled because I can get several different varieties of fantastic Italian sausage from several different shops within a couple of miles of my house.  All homemade and all delicious!)
1 26oz. jar spaghetti sauce (or toss in your own homemade, or doctor the jar with your favorite herbs. I always add some sugar to cut the acid.)
1 green bell pepper seeded and sliced into strips
1 onion, sliced
6 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise (optional)

Place the Italian sausage links, spaghetti sauce, green pepper and onion into a slow cooker.  Stir to coat everything in sauce.

Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.  Serve as desired.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...