Saturday, April 27, 2013

Spring Thyme Chicken Stew

This is another recipe from Taste of Home.  I will swap the chicken thighs for boneless skinless chicken breasts. I just don't like dark meat chicken.

1lb. small red potatoes, halved
1 large onion, finely chopped
3/4 C shredded carrots
3 tbsp. all purpose flour
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. grated lemon peel
2 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 1/2lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs, halved
2 C, reduced sodium chicken broth
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp. minced fresh parsley

Place potatoes, onion, and carrots in a 3 qt. slow cooker.  Sprinkle with flour, garlic, lemon peel, thyme, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Place chicken over top.  Add broth and bay leaves.

Cook, covered on low; 7-9 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender.  Remove bay leaves.  Sprinkle with parsley.

Serves 4--1 serving= 395 calories, 13g. fat, 113mg. cholesterol, 707mg. sodium, 32g. carbs, 4g. fiber, 37g, protein,

1 comment:

Kathie said...

I cooked this today...the house smelled fantastic. When I do this again, I will probably sub sliced carrots or baby carrots for the shreds. Maybe a little less thyme as well. It tastes good as is my not everyone likes thyme as much as I do!

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...