Monday, August 12, 2013

Mediterranean Tortellini Salad

OK, the prepared pesto in this recipe is going to be the stuff I made and froze a couple of weeks ago.  The recipe for it is here in the blog.  I may have enough basil to do one more batch this season...or maybe I can scam some of my Mom's.  This is another recipe from Simple and Delicious August/September 2013.  I could see this being a delicious end of summer lunch.

1 19oz. pkg. frozen tortellini
1 14oz. pkg. smoke turkey sausage, sliced
3/4 C. prepared pesto
2 C. fresh baby spinach, chopped
2 C. sliced baby portobello mushrooms
1 15oz. can white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 C. roasted sweet red peppers, chopped
1 C. crumbled feta cheese
1/4 C. pitted Greek olives, sliced

Cook tortellini according to package directions.

Meanwhile in a large nonstick skillet, coated with cooking spray, cook and stir sausage over medium heat 6-7 minutes or until lightly browned.  Place in a large bowl.

Drain tortellini; add to the sausage.  Stir in pesto.  Add spinach, mushrooms, beans, peppers, cheese and olives; toss to combine.  Serve warm or refrigerate until cold.  (I will serve this cold for sure!)

1 comment:

Vickie said...

How did I not know about this!Awesome!

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...