Sunday, March 30, 2014

Crock Pot Barbecue Chili

I saw this on the Weight Watchers website.  It looked pretty good.  A different spin on chili.  I just finished it up.  It smells fantastic in here!

2 tbsp. oil
1lb. beef top round steak, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1lb. extra lean ground beef
1 onion, finely chopped--> I used two
1 cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can no salt added diced tomatoes, undrained-->I used Rotel
1 18oz, bottle hickory smoke barbecue sauce (I am not going to share what I used here)
3/4 C. shredded cheddar cheese

Heat oil in a large skillet,  Add next 5 ingredients; stir.  Cook 10 minutes or until meat is evenly browned, stirring frequently.  Transfer to crock pot.




Stir in all remaining ingredients, excluding the cheese; cover with lid.  Cool on low 7 to 8 hours or high 4 to 5 hours.





Serve topped with cheese.





Makes 14 1 cup servings.  Per serving: Calories 250, Fat  7g., Cholesterol 40mg., Sodium 630mg., Sugars 15g., Carbs 28g, Protein 18g.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...