Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Crockpot Ravioli Casserole

I made this tonight.  I had found it on Pinterest; on a blog called Becoming Betty.  I like Betty's blog.  I was talking with some friends today about what we have done to combat the world's longest winter.  I have cooked and thankfully worked out enough to not have gained a million pounds from eating all of my cooking!  I added a couple of twists to this and would absolutely make it again.

1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef--> I also added in a cup of bulk Italian sausage (provolone and pepper sausage)
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce--> I also added a cup and a half of my homemade marinara
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
salt/pepper
10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed (I used fresh spinach)-->I used fresh too but instead of 10oz, I used 3 handfuls cut into ribbons
16 oz. bowtie pasta, cooked-->I used Mezzi Rigatoni; I was out of bowties!
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
6 fresh button mushrooms, sliced-->I forgot I had these and didn't want them to go waste.





Brown ground beef with onion and garlic.  Put in crock-pot and add sauce, tomatoes and seasonings. Cook for 6-7 hours on low.  Add the last 4 ingredients during the last 30 minutes of cooking and turn crock-pot to high.  I added the fresh spinach, pasta, parmesan and 1 cup of the mozzarella and I mixed it all up really well.  Then I added the last 1/2 cup of mozzarella to melt on the top.  We served this with garlic bread and it was delicious on this the 53rd day of February!



One thing that Chris suggested was spraying the crock with non stick spray.  The cheese gets a bit sticky!

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...