Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Cucumber Sangria?!?!?

OK, I'll be the first to admit that I am entering this post simply based on the photo in Midwest Living Magazine for August 2014.  My mouth watered when I saw the photo.  I definitely plan to try this.

1 English cucumber, sliced
2 limes, sliced
2 C. green grapes, halved
1 750ml. bottle Sauvignon Blanc
1/4 C. fresh mint
1 C. chilled white grape juice
2 12oz. bottles seltzer water

In a large pitcher, combine the wine, half of the cucumber, lime and grapes.  Add 1/4 C. fresh mint.  Using a wooden spoon, slightly crush ingredients against the side of the pitcher.  Chill both the wine mixture and the remaining cucumber, grapes and lime, covered for 4 hours or overnight.  Strain wine and return to pitcher.  Add ice, 1 C. chilled white grape juice, the remaining cucumber, lime and grapes.  Also add more mint leaves.  Stir in 2 chilled bottles of seltzer water.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...