Saturday, July 5, 2014

Easy Guacamole

I made this yesterday for the 4th of July party at my sister's.  It was really good.  Photos to follow.

2 avocados
1 small onion, finely chopped (I used a yellow onion)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 ripe tomato chopped
1 lime, juiced
salt and pepper to taste-- taste it after each addition, to me it made a big difference.

Scoop avocado out of the shell add chopped onion, garlic, tomato and lime juice.

Serve with your favorite chips.





For a tasty twist add some bacon.  I cook 1 strip of bacon for every 2 avocados until crisp and then chop it into the guacamole.  Go a little easier on the salt you add if you are watching your sodium!

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...