Sunday, August 17, 2014

Party Chicken Salad

I am picky about chicken salad or tuna salad.  I like to know every ingredient and there are some things that in my humble opinion do not belong in salads.  My mother in law who passed away recently loved the chicken salad from Egg Harbor which is a local breakfast/lunch restaurant so I am posting this and will make this in her honor.  It's not exactly the recipe from Egg Harbor and I will probably sub something for the curry powder but I am sure it is going to be delicious on some marble rye, or a pretzel roll or a ciabatta roll...can you tell I like bread?

1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 small apple, finely chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
4 cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in
juice, undrained

1.Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, and curry powder in a bowl until smooth.
2.Toss apple and lemon juice in a large bowl. Stir in chicken breast meat, celery, green grapes, pecans, and pineapple. Pour mayonnaise mixture over chicken; toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.


No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...