Sunday, October 19, 2014

Whipped Shortbread

I've been looking for a good shortbread recipe...I will be adding this to my Christmas baking plan.  I need to check my sprinkle supply!

3 C. butter, softened
1 1/2 C. confectioners sugar, sifted
4 1/2 C. all purpose flour
1 1/2 C. corn starch

In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners sugar until light and fluffy.  Gradually add flour and cornstarch beating until well blended.

With hands lightly dusted with additional cornstarch, roll dough into 1 inch balls.  Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.  Press lightly with a floured fork.  Top with nonpareils or cherry halves.

Bake at 300 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned.  Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...