Sunday, October 4, 2015

Cobb Salad

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com .  I am going to have to improvise when I make this for Chris and me.  He is not a hard boiled egg fan.  I like blue cheese but it's not my favorite thing.  I may just chop a bunch of stuff and have us make our own salads!


6 slices bacon
3 eggs
1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
3 cups chopped, cooked chicken meat
2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
3/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
3 green onions, chopped--maybe red onions here
1 (8 ounce) bottle Ranch-style salad dressing--we will probably use blue cheese dressing here.                                                                                                                                                                             
Place eggs in a saucepan and cover completely with cold water. Bring water to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.

Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.

Divide shredded lettuce among individual plates.

Evenly divide and arrange chicken, eggs, tomatoes, blue cheese, bacon, avocado and green onions in a row on top of the lettuce.

Drizzle with your favorite dressing and enjoy.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...