Monday, August 15, 2016

Paleo Breakfast Sausage

I have been reading the book Paleo for Beginners and I came across a couple of recipes that seem interesting.  I am not ready to commit to the full Paleo program but a meal here and there isn't going to hurt me.

I have often wanted to try to make my own sausage.  This will be a good starting point for me.

1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. cracked black pepper
1 tsp. smoked sweet paprika
1 tsp. smoked hot paprika
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. rubbed sage
2lbs. lean ground pork
1 tbsp. coconut oil

In a large bowl, whisk together the salt, pepper, paprikas, and herbs until well mixed.

Add the ground pork and mix together until the herbs are incorporated.

Form the pork mixture into 16 equal balls and flatten into patties.

Place in a skillet over medium heat; add the oil.

When the skillet is hot, cook the patties in batches until browned and cooked through; about 5 minutes per side.

Serve with eggs.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...