Sunday, April 11, 2010

Banana Bread

I woke up this morning and had some bananas that were speeding towards being WAY over-ripe. Now I have a few different banana bread recipes that I have made but I was too lazy to go downstairs and retrieve the cookbooks I needed. I had Paula Deen's The Lady & Sons, Too! cookbook handy where I found this simple and delicious recipe.

1/2 C. (1 stick) butter at room temperature
1 C. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 C. all purpose flour, sifted
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
3 ripe bananas, mashed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9X5 inch losf pan. In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar; mix well. Add the salt, eggs, vanilla, flour, baking soda, baking powder and bananas and mix well. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and back for 50 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...