Friday, April 9, 2010

Old Fashioned Rice Pudding

This was another recipe I got from a friend through a work potluck. It is pretty easy to make. I add in the cinnamon but leave out the raisins. No offense to raisins but I like my rice pudding better without them!

3 1/2 C. skim milk
1/2 C. uncooked long grain rice
1/3 C. sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp. vanilla
raisins, optional
cinnamon, optional

In a saucepan, combine milk, rice sugar and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour into greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Add vanilla and raisins if desired. Cover and bake 15 minutes longer. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...