Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Indonesian Pork

Chris and I tried this tonight. It was good but I think it would be better if it cooked less than the 12 hours it was in the crockpot. Unfortunately during the week, we are at the mercy of the work schedule. It's a weird combination of ingredients but it's really tasty. We're going to try making sandwiches with the leftovers.

1 (4 to 5lb) pork roast-->I used a boneless roast
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 C. honey
1/4 C. soy sauce-->I used low sodium
1/2 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
1/4 C. fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp. chopped crystallized ginger-->I found this in the produce section at Dominicks
3/4 C. crunchy peanut butter-->I used creamy because it's all we had!

Place a meat rack or trivet in the bottom of a slow cooker. Place meat on rack. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, pepper flakes and lemon juice. Pour mixture over meat. Sprinkle ginger over meat. Cover and cook on low 9-10 hours. Remove meat and keep warm. Skim excess fat from juices. Turn control to high. Stir in peanut butter and cook about 5 minutes. Slice meat and serve with sauce.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...