Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Baker's Mousse Bars

I just saw this recipe in a magazine and I think that I will make it for when we get together Memorial day for my sister and Chris' birthdays. Chris is not a big fan of strawberry pie but I think he will be OK with this tasty treat.

1 pkg. (8 squares) Baker's Semi Sweet chocolate, divided
1/2 C. sugar
1/4 C. flour
1 can (14oz.) sweetened condensed milk
4 eggs
1 pkg. (3.9oz) chocolate instant pudding
1 1/2 C. thawed Cool Whip

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Melt 6 chocolate squares as directed on package. Mix with sugar, flour, 1/4 C. condensed milk and eggs until well blended. Pour into a 9-inch square pan sprayed with cooking spray.

Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely.

Beat dry pudding mix and remaining condensed milk with whisk 2 minutes. Stir in Cool Whip, spread over dessert. Melt remaining chocolate squares; drizzle over pudding layer. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...