Thursday, May 13, 2010

Deconstructed Stuffed Peppers

I have made stuffed peppers both in the oven and in the crockpot and I bet this recipe could go in the crockpot as well. This is a little spin on an old favorite. It will keep me from analyzing the shape and size of every green pepper in the store. If I am going to cook this in the crock I would just put everything in the crock instead of the casserole dish and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

1lb. ground beef
2 green peppers, coarsely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 C. cooked long grain rice
1 26oz. jar spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 C. finely shredded five cheese Italian blend

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Brown meat with peppers and garlic in large skillet; drain. Stir in rice, spaghetti sauce and 3/4 C. cheese.

Spoon into 2 quart casserole; top with remaining cheese.

Bake 25 minutes until cheese is golden brown.

If I am going to cook this in a crockpot, I would add uncooked rice. I have also substituted brown rice for the white rice.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...