Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Coconut Macaroons

I am sitting here watching Bobby Flay's Throwdown and they are making coconut cakes in Charleston, SC so I decided to add a coconut macaroon recipe to the blog. I think I may dip these in chocolate...everything is better with chocolate. By the way, if you get the chance to watch this Throwdown, do it. This coconut cake has 3lbs of butter in it as well as 6 C. of heavy cream. If I do nothing else when I visit Charleston but try a piece of this cake, I will be happy camper. In the interim, I will enjoy my macaroons!

2 1/2 C. flaked coconut
1/3 C. all purpose flour
1/8 tsp. salt
2/3 C. sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla

In a small bowl, combine the coconut, flour and salt. Add milk and vanilla and mix well. Batter will be stiff.

Drop by tablespoonfuls 1 inch apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...