Friday, July 2, 2010

Margarita Chicken

I am always looking for new marinades for chicken. I am a big fan of margarita and I think this will be awesome (to coin one of Charlie's favorite words) on chicken. I bet it will be good on skirt steak too.
Maybe I should mix a pitcher of margaritas while I am preparing dinner! LOL

1 10oz. can frozen non alcoholic margarita mix, thawed
3 tbsp. lime juice
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, 6oz. each
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

In a small bowl, combine the margarita mix, lime juice and garlic. Pour 1 C. marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.

Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken, covered over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting with reserved marinade.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...