Friday, July 2, 2010

Sausage and Penne Marinara

I found this recipe in a Taste of Home's Simple and Delicious magazine and while it calls for dried herbs. I am going to try it while I have my fresh herbs available. My tomato sauce is always so much better while we are in the growing season.

2 1/2 C. uncooked penne pasta
1lb. Italian sausage links, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 large onion, halved and sliced
1 medium green pepper, sliced
1 tbsp. canola oil
1 14oz. can stewed tomatoes, cut up
1 8oz. can tomato sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper in oil over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and veggies are tender. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and seasonings; heat through. Drain pasta; toss with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Serve.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...