Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Beefy Minestrone

I think it's officially soup season.  Of course, I would eat it every day if I could.  Needless to say, I need a good selection so I dom't get tired of the same thing over and over.

1lb. lean ground beef
1 14oz. can reduced sodium beef broth
1 1/4 C. water
1 10oz. package frozen vegetables (no lima beans, please!)
1 14.5oz. can whole peeled tomatoes, undrained and cut up
1 can reduced sodium condensed tomato soup
1 tbsp. dried minced onion
1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning, crushed
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

In a large skillet, cook beef until brown.   Drain off fat.  Transfer meat to a crockpot.  Stir in broth, water, vegetables, tomatoes, tomato soup, dried onion, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.

Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.  Serve with crackers and Parmesan cheese if desired.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...