Wednesday, November 17, 2010

German Style Beef Roast

I have mentioned before that Chris has a tendency to buy roasts.  So, on any given day I have at least one roast in the freezer.  I am going to try this recipe.  It sounds like it would be delicious and would make the house smell wonderful.  The beagle will me mesmerized, I am sure!  LOL

1 boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed (I may try this with a brisket as well).
1 tsp. pepper
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 12oz. bottle of beer
1 C. ketchup
1/4 C. packed brown sugar
1/4 C. all purpose flour
1/4 C. cold water

Cut roast in half; sprinkle with pepper.  Place onion and roast in a slow cooker.  In a small bowl, combine the beer, ketchup, and brown sugar; pour over top.  Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until meat is tender.

Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm.  Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan.  Bring liquid to a boil.  In a small bowl, combine flour and water until smooth.  Gradually stir into the pan.  Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.  Serve with roast.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...