Sunday, November 21, 2010

Creamy Baked Ziti

I have made ziti before and I can't say that "creamy" would be a way to describe it.  Of course, I've never put sour cream in my ziti.  I think the sour cream may be the missing link.  To me, ziti and its cousin lasagna are super easy dishes to make and when you serve them, they look and taste 10 times more complicated than they were to make.

4 C. ziti pasta, uncooked
1 jar (26oz.) marinara sauce or if you make homemade marinara, 26oz. of your own
1 can (14.5oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
6oz. cream cheese, cubed
3/4 C. sour cream
1 8oz. package shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 C. grated Parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 375 degrees.

Cook pasta in a large saucepan as directed on package.  Remove from pan, drain.  Meanwhile, add marinara sauce, tomatoes and cream cheese to the same pan; cook on medium heat 5 minutes or until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.  Return pasta to pan, mix well.

Layer half the pasta mixture in a 13x9 inch baking pan; cover with layers of sour cream, mozzarella and remaining pasta mixture.  Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.

Bake 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is bubbly.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...