I found this in the most recent Penzeys catalog I got. It reminds me of the spinach salad that I made for Easter...my recipe was Spring-ish and this is Summer-ish.
1 bag spinach, stems removed, rinsed well and dried
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 C. walnuts, raw or toasted (I may use pecans, I like them better)
1 C. fresh ripe blueberries
1 4oz. package crumbled feta cheese
1/3 C. regular or lemon olive oil
2-3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1/4-1/2 tsp. kosher salt 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
Divide the spinach among 4 plates. Tope evenly with onion slices, nuts, berries and feta. Drizzle generously with oil and vinegar, season with salt and pepper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sesame Ginger Chicken Lettuce Wraps
I am adding this recipe even though it has maple syrup in it. I am not a fan of maple syrup. I find it to be sickeningly sweet. I may ad...
-
My first job was in a German bakery. One of the things the bakery was famous for (in our little corner of the world) was apple strudel. Re...
-
Happy New Year! One of my resolutions for 2010 is to be more organized and what better way to organize recipes is to record them in blog???...
-
This is a Rachael Ray 30 minute meal. I can see this becoming a staple for the cold weather months. 2 tbsp. olive oil 1/4lb. lean bacon o...
No comments:
Post a Comment