Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sicilian Salad

I found this recipe in one of my cooking magazines.  I could see this at my sister's for one of the many parties we go to there.  This would also be good if you swapped out the cubed mozzarella and used fresh mozzarella.  This recipe will also make great use of the Roma tomatoes I hope to have later this season in my deck garden.

1 pkg. torn iceberg and romaine lettuce blend
1 16oz. jar pickled banana peppers, drained and sliced
1 jar sliced green olives with pimentos, drained
3 plum tomatoes, chopped
4 celery ribs, chopped
1 C. chopped pepperoni
1/2 C.  cubed part skim mozzarella chesse
1/2 C. Italian salad dressing

In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients.  Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...