Sunday, August 7, 2011

Italian Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Here is a twist on pulled pork I haven't tried.  We have BBQ pork fairly regularly.  Have I mentioned that Chris buys A LOT of port roasts?  I have tried pulled pork with teriyaki and with ginger wasabi sauce.  I may go with hard rolls with this instead of soft buns that I usually serve with my pork.  I bet this will also be delicious on pizza like the ginger wasabi pork.  Stay tuned for a review!

1 tbsp. fennel seed, crushed
1 tbsp. steak seasoning
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 boneless pork roast
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 medium red or green peppers, thinly sliced
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
1 14.5oz.  diced tomatoes undrained
Rolls of your choice

In a small bowl, combine the fennel seed, steak seasoning, and cayenne if desired.  Rub over pork.  In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides.  Place in a crock pot.  Add the peppers, onions and tomatoes; cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.

Remove roast, cool slightly.  Skim fat from cooking juices.  Shred pork with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...