Monday, August 8, 2011

Poppy Seed Slaw

Here is a spin on coleslaw that I haven't tried before.  With the dried cranberries it could take us into fall.  Although, I don't really want to talk about fall right now.  I am still very much enjoying summer...what with all the heat, humidity, hellfire and brimstone thunderstorms, etc.  I stopped up short today when it rained for about 3.5 hours with minimal thunder, lightning, hail and wind.

I think you'll enjoy this colorful crunchy slaw!

1 pkg. coleslaw
3/4 C. dried cranberries
3/4 C. honey roasted sliced almonds
3/4 C. poppy seed salad dressing
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Combine coleslaw, cranberries and almonds in a large bowl.  Whisk the salad dressing, salt and pepper; drizzle over salad and toss to coat.  Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...