Thursday, December 8, 2011

Saltine Toffee Bark

I have tried this at some church functions.  Our pastor's Mom makes it and it is amazing.  I am going to have to hide it once I make it or I will eat the whole container myself!  Salt and sweet is the BOMB!

40 saltines
1 C. butter, cubed
3/4 C. sugar
2 C. semi sweet chocolate chips
1 pkg. (8oz) milk chocolate English toffee bits

Line a 15"x10"x1" baking pan with heavy duty foil.  Arrange saltines in a single layer on foil; set aside.

In a large heavy saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter.  Stir in sugar.  Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.  Pour evenly over crackers.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until bubbly.  Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips.  Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over top.  Sprinkle with toffee bits. Cool.

Cover and refigerate for 1 hour or until set.  Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...