Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pepper Chicken Piccata

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and I plan to maybe hold off until the peppers, herbs, and onions are garden fresh.  Can you tell I am getting the itch for Spring.  You would think it has been a harsh Winter with the way I have started pining for Spring in the last week or so.  I cannot complain about the Winter at all but I am ready for Spring!  Bring it on...I'll make the chicken!

3 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 red peppers, seeded and diced
2 large sweet onions, peeled and cut into wedges
1 1/2lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 lemon, juiced
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste

In a large skillet, heat oil.  Saute red bell peppers and onions until they begin to soften.  Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside.  Add cubed chicken to skillet and brown lightly.  Add garlic and cayenne.  Reduce heat slightly and saute, covered for 1 to 2 minutes until garlic is golden brown.

Using a wooden spoon, add lemon juice, stirring to break up particles on bottom of skillet.  Add butter, stirring and blending well into the sauce.  Return bell pepper and onion to skillet.  Stir all together and add parsley.  Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...