Monday, March 12, 2012

Slow Cooker Lasagna

When I make this I am going to use ricotta cheese.  I am not sure I can eat lasagna with cottage cheese.  Don't get me wrong, I like cottage cheese but I like it plain or with fruit. :)  This will be good for when the kids are here because when the summer days are warm, I don't want to run the oven.

1lb. lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 29oz. can tomato sauce
1 6oz. can tomato paste
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. oregano
1 12oz. pkg. lasagna noodles
1/2 C. grated Parmesan cheese
16oz. shredded mozzarella cheese

In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic until brown.  Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and oregano and stir until well incorporated.  Cook until heated through.

In a large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, grated Parmesan and shredded mozzarella cheese.

Spoon a layer of the meat mixture onto the bottom of the slow cooker.  Add a double layer of the uncooked noodles.  Break to fit noodles into the slow cooker.  Top noodles with a portion of the cheese mixture.  Repeat the layering of sauce, noodles, and cheese until all the ingredients are used.

Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...