Saturday, May 12, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

I made this last night for dinner and it was sensational.  I had my doubts so I made a pepperoni pizza just in case it was terrible!  LOL

I used the recipe below but started with my Crockpot Buffalo Chicken found in the blog.  I use Louisiana Hot Sauce and regular boneless skinless chicken breasts.  The chicken is shredded so it is easy to layer it on the pizza.


  • 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cooked and cubed--Used my own recipe here and the meat is shredded.  It also incorporates the butter and hot sauce.
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 (2 ounce) bottle hot sauce
  • 1 (8 ounce) bottle blue cheese salad dressing--I didn't use the whole bottle.  I am not fond of soggy pizza
  • 1 (16 inch) prepared pizza crust--I used dough from Caputo's par-baked, then add ingredients then finish in a 450 degree oven.
  • 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese--I didn't use the whole bag of cheese on one pizza.
Here is the plain pizza dough.  Prick with a fork to keep big dough bubbles from forming.  Bake for aabout 10-12 minutes until the crust starts to turn golden brown.


I added a think coating of blue cheese dressing to the par baked crust.

I then added a layer of the buffalo chicken, and some mozzarella cheese.  Just before popping the pizza in the oven, I took a bottle of Louisiana Hot Sauce and shook it 4 times over the pizza.  Back into the oven for about 15 minutes.


This is the finished product.  It was fantastic.  Tons of flavor, crisp crust and I didn't miss the tomato sauce at all.  We didn't really need the backup pizza...guess we'll use it now for leftovers.  The buffalo chicken pizza is GONE!

The pepperoni pizza was good too.  Here are some photos for your enjoyment!


Yes, I know the pepperoni isn't exactly round and it isn't exactly square.  It might be the first rhombus shaped pizza the world has ever seen!

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...