Saturday, June 9, 2012

Breakfast Pies

This recipe caught my eye and I thought it would be something interesting I could make for breakfasts at work. I am always looking for something that takes me through until lunchtime without using a gazillion calories.  This would also be a fun brunch item.

3/4lb.  breakfast sausage
1/8 C. minced onion
1/8 C. minced green bell pepper
1 12oz. can refrigerated biscuit dough
3 eggs, beaten
3 tbsp. milk
1/2 C. shredded colby jack cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a large, deep skillet over medium high heat, combine sausage, onion, and green pepper.  Cook until sausage is evenly browned.  Drain, crumble and set aside.

Separate the dough into 10 individual biscuits.  Flatten each biscuit out, then line the bottom and sides of 10 muffin cups.  Evenly distribute sausage mixture between the cups.  Mix together the eggs and milk, and divide between the cups.  Sprinkle cups with shredded cheese.

Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until filling is set.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...