Monday, July 16, 2012

Easy Slow Cooker French Dip

French dips were one of my favorite dishes when we would eat out when I was a kid.  I loved dipping the sandwich in little crock of au jus.  I still like saying, "au jus"!  LOL  Lately when making Chris' family's Onion Soup Steak, I have been making my own onion soup mixture.  It has far less sodium than the can of Campbell's.  I may try this once as written and then give it the old Kath touch!

4lb. rump roast
1 10oz. can beef broth
1 10oz. can condensed French onion soup
1 12oz. bottle of beer
6 French rolls
2 tbsp. butter

Trim excess fat from the rump roast and place in a slow cooker.  Add the beef broth, onion soup and beer.  Cook on low for 7 hours.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Split French rolls and spread with butter.  Bake 10 minutes or until heated through.

Slice meat on the diagonal and place on rolls.  Serve the jus for dipping.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...