Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Lemon Brownies


This was another dish I made for my nephew's birthday party.  While I love chocolate, I am always looking for different desserts that don't included chocolate.  This was another hit.  I found it on Pinterest courtesy of a woman named Rita May.  Her blog is called Rita's Recipes and it has some great stuff on it.  I used a little more zest (close to 2 tbsp.) than the recipe called for because I love the way zest makes the flavor pop.


3/4 C flour
3/4 C sugar
1/4 t salt
1 stick butter, soft
2 eggs
juice from 1/2 lemon (about 1T)
zest from 1/2 lemon (about 1t)

Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.  Mix in the softened butter.  In another bowl whisk the eggs with the lemon juice and zest.  Add to the larger bowl and mix well.  Pour into prepared 8X8 brownie pan.  Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.  You can double the recipe and bake in a 9X13 pan for 30 minutes.  Remove and let cool, then glaze.

Glaze

1/2C powdered sugar
1 T lemon juice
additional lemon zest


Stir together.  Pour over brownies.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...