Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mini Bacon Meatballs

I found this in Cuisine at Home...believe me when I tell you that I have a constant running pile of magazines, clipped recipes, and bookmarks on my computer of recipes to try.  Theses look interesting and I am intrigued by the recipe they go into which I will include in the next post.

2 strips bacon, diced
1/4 C. diced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 lb. ground sirloin
1/4 C. dry bread crumbs
2 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 egg, beaten

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Coat a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.

Cook bacon in a skillet over medium high heat until starting to crisp, about 4 minutes; remove and set aside on a paper towel lined plate.  Pour off all but 1 tbsp.  drippings from the skillet.

Saute onion in the same skillet in the drippings over medium heat until softened, about 3 minutes.  Add garlic to skillet; cook 1 minute.

Combine sirloin, cooked bacon, onion mixture, bread crumbs, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl.  Stir in beaten egg.

Form mixture into 1 inch meatballs and place on prepared pan.  Bake meatballs until fully cooked, about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...