Friday, May 3, 2013

Apricot Sorbet Float

Is it apricot season yet??  As I type this, it's 46 degrees on May 3rd.  Apricots are one of my favorite fruits.   This looks beyond simple.  I found it in the May issue of Bon Appetit magazine.  I better make this when we're having people over...otherwise I may eat it all myself.  So, I've typed a few sentences and watched the Blackhawks score a short handed goal against the Wild...is it apricot season yet??

1 C. sugar
1lb. apricots plus more for serving, pitted and sliced
3/4 C. sparkling wine, plus more for serving

Bring sugar, 1lb. apricots, 3/4 C. sparkling wine and 2 C. water to a boil in a medium sauce pan.  Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until apricots are very tender; 10-15 minutes.  Let cool completely.

Transfer apricot mixture to a blender, and puree until smooth.  Add water to apricot mixture until it measures 4 cups.  Transfer mixture to a large shallow baking dish.  Freeze until solid, at least 4 hours.

To serve, scoop sorbet into dishes and top with additional apricots and some sparkling wine.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...