Sunday, February 19, 2012

Brie and Lobster Fondue

Chris and I made this at a cooking class recently.  I wish I could eat more lobster.  I like it but it does not like me.  This fondue was AMAZING.  We had bread and broccoli for dipping and I don't normally eat broccoli.  This fondue made broccoli edible!

2 tbsp. unsalted butter
4 shallots, peeled and diced small
2 tbsp. flour
1 C. chicken stock
2 C. brie cheese, rind removed and diced
1/2 C. heavy whipping cream
8oz. cooked lobster meat, chopped
1-2 tbsp. lemon juice
Dash tabasco sauce
1/2-1 tsp. smoky paprika
1 tbsp. minced fresh Italian parsley

Melt butter in medium pot.  Saute shallots until softened but not browned, about 3 minutes.

Sprinkle in flour to make a roux.  Cook, whisking for 2 minutes.

Add stock slowly, whisking after each addition.  Simmer until mixture thickens, about 3-4 minutes.

Add brie and cream and cook until cheese melts.  Add remaining ingredients and heat through.  Transfer to oil fondue pot.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...