Monday, December 30, 2013

Pecan Pie Brownies

Hmmm, brownies are not my favorite things in the world but I have found you can doctor them and make them better.  Yes, I realize that those that worship at the altar of chocolate will find my last comment to be nothing short of heresy but to me there is such a thing as TOO MUCH when you have chocolate.  Let's throw in some pecans and some other stuff and see what happens.  This too, is a Mr. Food recipe.

1 18.3oz. pkg. brownie mix
1/2 C. light corn syrup
3 tbsp. butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 C. light brown sugar
1 C. chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Coat a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, prepare brownie mix according to package directions.  Pour into baking dish.  In a medium bowl, combine corn syrup, butter, vanilla, brown sugar, and pecans; mix well.  Drop the pecan mixture by spoonfuls into the batter.

Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out dry.  Cool and then cut into squares.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...