Monday, December 30, 2013

Chocolate Eclair Cake

If you're local to Chicago, you may remember a gentleman on ABC 7 News named Mr. Food.  He had a spot on the midday and afternoon newscasts...I think on Thursdays where he would have really good recipes.  He retired several years ago and in the last year or two passed away.  I remember how sad I felt when I heard he had passed.  I enjoyed his spots and have several of his recipes.  Someone sent me a PDF of his "Death by Chocolate" recipe book.  This no bake cake is in the book.  Chris loves eclairs...perhaps I will make this treat for him.

1 14.4oz. box honey graham crackers
2 4-serving packages French vanilla instant pudding mix
3 C. milk
1 12oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 16oz. container ready to spread chocolate frosting (or be a rebel and make your own ganache)  That last note is mine, not Mr. Food's.

Line bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch baking dish with one third of the graham crackers.

In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk; add whipped topping, stirring until mixture thickens.

Spread half of the pudding mixture over graham crackers in baking dish.  Repeat layers with one third of graham crackers and remaining pudding mixture.  Top with remaining graham crackers.  Spread with chocolate frosting.  Cover to chill.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...